Check out Raw Prawn co-author Reena Ganga's new travel blog, Wanderplex, for vacation ideas and great travel tips and tricks


Friday, October 15, 2004

Excess supply of economics jokes

    Posted by Adam Crouch

Today I happened upon the biggest treasure trove of economics jokes imaginable (32 printed pages!). Here's just one of the gems:

Top Ten Economist Valentines

10. You raise my interest rate thirty basis points without a corresponding dropoff in consumer enthusiasm
9. Despite a decade of inflation, I still dig your supply curve
8. What do you say we remeasure our cross-elasticity
7. You bring the butter, I'll bring the gun
6. Let's raise housing starts together
5. Further stimulus could result in uncontrolled expansion
4. Tell me whether my expectations are rational
3. Let's assume a ritzy hotel room and a bottle of Dom
2. You stoke the animal spirits of my market
1. A loaf of bread, a jug of wine, and thou beside me watching Rukeyser

See also
Games Economists Play: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Jason Rohrblogger's Top Ten List blog

<< Home

Return to the
  main page

Contributors
   American marketer
      in Sydney (bio)

   Australian journalist
         in Sydney
          (website)


Subscribe

  

Archives

Site Search